Friday, November 28, 2008

Welcome to the Twilight Zone...

Monday, October 20, 2008

Okay, I think I'm going crazy... no really!

I spent part of this morning doing some research and picture farming for the book. I find pictures of stuff to help me describe it as best as I can and so I can show my reviewers what I'm seeing so I get my point across better. But anyway... I started this morning by searching MySpace for some of my character names in and around the Boston area... and when searching for my main character, Casey - I found one. She has the same hair and eye color it seems and lives in Boston, oh and she's the exact same age as the character in my first book... Her profile was set to private so I coudn't find out more about her, but weird, huh?

But apparently that wasn't enough weirdness for me for one morning so I continued looking for some of the various locations using my good buddy Google! In my mind I kept imagining one chapter taking place in a theme park that is a cross between Six-Flags and Holidayworld (local one in Indiana). It had the traditional rides like Six-Flags but the water park of Holidayworld. I've never been to one of the newer Six-Flags water parks so I didn't know what those were like. A friend of mine had told me that there is, in fact, a Six-Flags in Boston (main city location of story) so I looked it up to see if they had one particular ride that I had imagined.. they did. I've only seen one of these types of rides before, at the St. Louis Six-Flags and they called it Mr. Freeze and it was all shades of blue. I couldn't figure out why the one in my vision of the scene had red bars on it and was designed slightly differently, until I looked up a picture of the Boston version of it. Appropriatetly named 'Scream' and having, you guessed it, dark red bars on it... weird huh?

Oh, and don't even get me started on the layout of this particular theme park. Being the glutton for punishment that I am I looked up a map of it... yeah it's laid out very similarly to how I saw the characters walking through it. I feel the need to remind you that I have NEVER been to Boston and have seen any of these things before. I've been to 2 Six-Flags before and neither of them are set up similar to this one at all...

I'm desperately trying to find a good image of the primary coffeeshop where several big scenes occur, but keep coming up empty. I should google the name I made up for it...wait, maybe I shouldn't. I don't know how much more weirdness I can handle this morning...

~Willow

0 comments:

Post a Comment