Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snoopy Dance Time!

Hey everyone!

First of all, if you don't know what the snoopy dance is... go out and rent a Peanuts movie. No one should go through life having not seen the beagle dance.


The picture to the left is my little way of celebrating. Celebrating what, you might ask? Celebrating the fact that I won the grand prize in the Pen and Muse Romantic Short Story Contest in the unpublished author category!!! So yes, that is the reason for the blog title, "Snoopy Dance Time!" When I read the email from Denisse last night, jumping up and doing the snoopy dance was the first thing that I wanted to do, sadly not the first thing I did do. I think it went something like this...
Slightly hyperventilating, Willow puts her hand to her agape mouth. "Honey!" she calls out to her husband.

"What is it?" he answers from his chair across the room.

"I... won... I won the short story contest," she says, re-reading the email, certain that she misread something.

"Awesome!" he says before pulling out the phone to call his mother and tell her the great news.
I then sent a Gmail chat to my beta reader, M, who happened to be on at that moment. I think she wanted to snoopy dance with me too. I really wish that I could've jumped up and celebrated, but sadly I'm getting sick again... ear ache, sore throat, the works. Getting the email about this contest was exactly what I needed to make me feel a little better after a day spent huddled under my blanket.

So today, once I finish this blog post, I'm going to be filling out a interview questionnaire and sending it off to Denisse. The awesome thing, she'll post it on the blog! How often do unpublished authors get interviewed about their writing? Answer: Rarely.

I still don't think I've fully processed the fact that I won. I mean, I believe in my writing and really enjoyed the story I submitted, but I really wasn't expecting to win, you know? I was just hoping to place, especially since this is the first writing contest that I've ever entered.

Hearing that someone else likes my story (other than family and friends who have to say they like it) has really re-energized me towards writing. I think I sort of hit that slump that I've read about where you feel like everything that you write is crap. I spent so much of my writing time second-guessing everything that I've written that I really wasn't getting anything accomplished. Once the shock wears off, I'm sure that I'll end up in another typing frenzy on Instinct, which will probably bring me to the end of the first draft.

So , I think I'll start on that interview questionnaire now. I'll post a link to it once it's up over at the Pen and Muse. I still can't get over the fact that I'm being interviewed for my writing... me... plain little, unpublished me... just wow... but anyway...

Until I blog again...
Talk 2ya later...

~Willow

6 comments:

Sue Glasco said...

Congratulations, Bobbi!!! I just did a Snoopy dance for you!! What wonderful news. Be sure and let our newletter eiditor know! And Jim too!!

@GeekWillow said...

Thanks Sue! I think that I have Jim's email address so I'll see if he can pass the news on for the newsletter since I couldn't find an email address on the website to use. *Does another Snoopy Dance!*

Stacy Dawn said...

Congratulations Willow!! That's awesome!

By the way, your email didn't come through if you could try again!

@GeekWillow said...

Thanks Stacy! *More Snoopy Dancing!*

I just resent the email to you. Maybe the evil spam filters attacked me. My email address is bkilbarger [at] gmail [dot] com if it doesn't work this time.

Denise said...

Well you were Amazing! :) I'm glad you are excited. You deserve it.

@GeekWillow said...

Thanks so much Denisse! Ever since Bitten By Books pointed me to your site, I've really enjoyed reading everything you ladies post. Winning a contest from a site that I admire so much really means a lot, so thanks again!

Post a Comment