Saturday, March 14, 2009

*Sigh* The world doesn't want me to write...

As if I didn't have enough to distract me from writing right now... Look what arrived in the mail for me this morning...

Debut novel, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.

Now, I've only been dying to read this since... I don't know, the day I first read the blurb for it! Now it's sitting in my house, luring me away from the keyboard.

Contests, contests, and more contests... I entered quite a few, hoping to win an ARC of this baby just so I could read it quicker. Sadly, my contests luck must've run out for those particular entries so I headed on over to Amazon.com and pre-ordered my copy. Luckily, I had an Amazon gift card that I won from a short story contest from the Pen & Muse Blog.

I knew that it had shipped and was headed to my doorstep, but hadn't really considered the ramifications of it arriving. My personal deadline is looming ahead of me and all I'm able to do is stare at the oh-so-tempting hardback book on the table...

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Someone, somewhere doesn't want me to finish writing on time. Never mind the fact that I'm a bit of a speed reader and will probably have the book finished within a day or two, that's one or two days that I should be writing. If I never finish writing my book, I'll never have a chance to have my own debut novel released and sitting on someone else's table, tempting them away from what they should be doing.

Now to discover which is stronger, my Writing Gremlin and my need to write Instinct or the overwhelming desire to dig into this new book.

I suppose I could consider it research... You know, seeing what the author did so right that she was chosen for publication...


All right, I've looked up and stared at the book about a dozen times while typing this, so I have a feeling who is going to win this round... So...

Until I blog again...
Talk 2ya later...

~Willow


Update - 3/15/09: The Forest of Hands and Teeth won...

5 comments:

Serena said...

Willow: Hello! You've won a copy of Mr. & Mrs. Darcy: Two Shall Become One from Savvy Verse & Wit. Please email me your snail mail address so I can get it to the publisher.

Serena said...

Make sure you email by March 17th at 5pm. Congrats!

@GeekWillow said...

Thanks so much Serena! Email sent!

Aeryn said...

congrats on the new win!! BTW, I say go with the book. A distracted writer is an unproductive writer anyway...

@GeekWillow said...

Oh yeah, I couldn't resist the lure of the book and... It. Was. Awesome!

Post a Comment